With this Pumpkin Fall Granola, I now have the perfect granola for any time of year. I love granola and I enjoy experimenting with different seasonal ingredients. Not sure about you guys, but depending on the season, I’m craving different ingredients.
Well, what should not be missing in fall? Pumpkin, of course. That’s why this is the perfect ingredient for a fall granola isn’t it. I added pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. In addition, I used dried cranberries and some cinnamon, because for me, cinnamon fits into any granola, but especially in fall.
I like my granola best with yogurt because I love the combo of crunchy and creamy. Sometimes I just take a spoonful and eat the granola straight from the jar because it’s so delicious.
Tools & Equipment
- Cutting board
- Large baking sheet
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Paring knife
- Silicone spatula
- Wire rack
Nuts & Seeds: You can substitute nuts according to your own preferences, such as walnuts, peanuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts or a mix of different nuts. Additionally, you can add seeds like pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
Coconut Oil: The oil adds a nice crunch to the granola. I prefer unrefined coconut oil. You can use olive oil as an alternative if you do not have coconut oil on hand or don’t like the flavor.
Natural Sweeteners: I like to use maple syrup or honey. They add a wonderful flavor to the granola that ordinary sugar simply does not have. Besides, using one of these options makes it healthier and if you use maple syrup, your granola will be vegan.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Fall Granola
Step by Step Guide – How to Make Pumpkin Fall Granola
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop the pecans and place them in a large bowl. Add the oats, quinoa, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice and salt and mix to combine.
Melt the coconut oil. Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree and stir well. The mixture will look a little dry at first, keep stirring until fully mixed.
Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet and press down a little. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir and press down again. Bake for another 10-15 minutes. Once the granola is golden brown, remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Sprinkle the cranberries on top of the cooled granola and mix to combine. Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature.
Storage: Fill the granola into a sealable jar or an airtight container and store at room temperature. This will keep it fresh for several weeks.
My Summary for Pumpkin Fall Granola
Taste: This granola tastes nutty, with a nice touch of cinnamon and pumpkin. It’s not too sweet. Just delicious.
Texture: It is so crunchy.
Time: Prep time takes about 20 minutes, baking time is 20-25 minutes and cooling time is also about 20 minutes. In other words, you need about 1 hour until the granola is done and ready to enjoy.
More “GRANOLA” Recipes
- 100g pecans, chopped
- 270g rolled oats
- 15g quinoa, puffed
- 30g coconut sugar
- 1,5g (1/4 tsp) salt
- 1,5g (3/4 tsp) pumpkin spice
- 50ml coconut oil
- 60ml maple syrup
- 60g pumpkin puree
- 10g cranberries, freeze-dried
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop the pecans with a knife and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the oats, quinoa, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice and salt and mix with a silicone spatula to combine.
- Melt the coconut oil in a heatproof container in the microwave or on the stove in a small saucepan.
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree and stir well with a silicone spatula. The mixture will look a little dry at first, keep stirring until fully mixed.
- Spread the granola evenly all over the prepared baking sheet and press it down a little.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir with a silicone spatula and press down again.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on the granola from this point on, as it can brown too much and burn from one moment to the next.
- Once the granola is golden brown, remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack. It will crisp up as it cools.
- Sprinkle the dried cranberries on top of the cooled granola and mix to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature.