Summer seems to be almost over, so I thought I’d hold on to it a little longer with this Summer Granola.
The granola contains mangos, strawberries, raspberries and coconut. This combo of ingredients makes it not only smell like summer, but taste like it too. It is fresh, fruity and the shredded coconut and coconut chips are perfect with the fruit. To sweeten it, I used maple syrup.
I could eat this granola on its own, but of course it also tastes fantastic with yogurt or milk. Great for breakfast and when the sun is shining in your face, it’s perfect.
Enjoy the rest of the summer and maybe you’ll be able to keep the summer alive with this delicious summer granola.
Tools & Equipment
- Large baking sheet
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Silicone spatula
- Wire rack
Coconut Oil: The oil adds a nice crunch to the granola. I prefer unrefined coconut oil. Alternatively, you can use olive oil if you do not have or do not like coconut oil.
Sweetener: I like to use maple syrup or honey. Natural sweeteners add a wonderful flavor to the granola that regular sugar doesn’t have. Besides, it makes it a little healthier, too.
Parchment Paper: Use parchment paper to line your baking sheet to make sure the sweetener sticks to the oats and not to the baking sheet.
Ingredients for this Recipe
Step by Step Guide – How to Make Summer Granola
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the oats, sunflower seeds, quinoa and salt in a large bowl to combine. Melt the coconut oil.
Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice and almond butter and mix well. Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet and press down a little.
Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the shredded coconut and coconut chips. Stir and spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet again. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let the granola cool completely on a wire rack. Once cold, sprinkle mangos, strawberries, and raspberries over the granola and stir to combine.
Storage: Fill the granola into a sealable jar or an airtight container and store at room temperature. This will keep it fresh for several weeks.
My Summary for Summer Granola
Taste: This granola tastes like summer, so fresh and fruity thanks to the addition of mangos, strawberries and raspberries. The coconut flavor completes it perfectly.
Texture: It is super crunchy, so delicious.
Time: Prep time takes about 20 minutes, baking time is 18-20 minutes and cooling time is also about 20 minutes. In other words, it takes about 1 hour for the granola to be ready to enjoy.
More “BREAKFAST” Recipes
- Apple Fritters
- Pistachio Babka
- Sourdough Discard Sandwich Bread
- Spring Granola
- White Chocolate Mango Banana Bread
- Winter Granola
- 200g old-fashioned oats
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 30g puffed quinoa
- Pinch of salt
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 65g maple syrup
- 5g vanilla extract
- 5g lemon juice
- 20g almond butter
- 30g shredded coconut
- 15g dried mangos
- 40g coconut chips
- 30g freeze-dried strawberries & raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the oats, sunflower seeds, puffed quinoa and salt in a large bowl to combine.
- Melt the coconut oil in a heatproof container in the microwave or on the stove in a small saucepan.
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice and almond butter and mix well with a silicone spatula. The mixture will look a little dry at first, keep stirring until everything is incorporated.
- Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet and press down a little.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the shredded coconut and coconut chips.
- Stir with a silicone spatula and spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet again.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes. From this point on, keep an eye on the granola as it can brown too much and burn from one moment to the next.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool completely on a wire rack. It still looks very soft, but it will crisp up as it cools.
- Once cold, sprinkle mangos, strawberries, and raspberries on top of the granola and stir to combine.
- Pour into a sealable jar or airtight container and store at room temperature.