I love white chocolate, mangos, coconut and bananas. So why not mix it all up and make a White Chocolate Mango Banana Bread? Don’t get me wrong, I really like regular banana bread, but we all need something a little different in between, don’t we?
The white chocolate chips and mangos complement the bananas in this moist, soft bread. The addition of shredded coconut make this bread perfect because they add a nice crunch.
The chocolate melts into the banana bread as it bakes and along with the mangos create a sweet, delicious perfection. Why didn’t I think of this before. This is my favorite banana bread so far…it is insanely delicious!
Alright let’s admit, it’s less of a bread and more of a sweet treat. But who cares, as I believe you can always eat something like this, whether it’s for breakfast, snack or dessert. Right?!
Tools & Equipment
- 23x13cm / 9×5-inch loaf pan
- 2 medium bowls
- Cooking spray
- Pastry brush
- Silicone spatula
- Stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment
- Wire rack
Bananas: It’s important to use overripe bananas because that’s the key to a kick-ass banana bread. Sometimes it’s difficult to get overripe bananas, so I have a little trick: I freeze “regular” ripe bananas and keep them in the freezer for at least 2-3 days, where they automatically turn brown. When you need ripe bananas, take them out of the freezer and let them thaw in the fridge overnight. You can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. I usually have 3-5 bananas in my freezer.
Yogurt: I used plain greek yogurt with 5% fat. You can also use mango greek yogurt for even more mango flavor or vanilla yogurt. If you prefer low fat yogurt, you can use that as well.
Shredded Coconut: If you love your banana bread really sweet, then use shredded sweetened coconut. I used shredded unsweetened coconut because by adding the mangos and chocolate, I find it sweet enough. For even more flavor you can toast the shredded coconut before adding them to the batter.
Ingredients for this Recipe
Step by Step Guide – How to Make White Chocolate Mango Banana Bread
Preheat the oven to 177°C / 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mash the bananas in a medium bowl.
In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the sugar and butter on medium until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, on medium and beat well after each addition. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula.
Add the mashed banana, yogurt and vanilla. Continue beating on medium speed until well blended. Slowly stir in the flour mixture with a silicone spatula until just combined, do not overmix.
Fold in the white chocolate chips and 10g of the shredded coconut. Gently stir in the mangos. Use a spoon to pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Spread some mango pieces and white chocolate chips on top. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven.
Sprinkle with the remaining shredded coconut. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely.
Storage: You can keep the banana bread at room temperature for up to 4 days. Place in an airtight container lined with a piece of kitchen paper. This will keep the bread fresh and mold free longer. If you want to extend the shelf life, store it in the fridge. Wrap tightly in plastic to keep the moisture of the bread inside. Properly wrapped, it will last for up to 1 week. When you remove the banana bread from the fridge to eat it, you can heat it in the microwave for about 10 seconds, this will bring back the consistency the bread had when it came out of the oven.
My Summary for White Chocolate Mango Banana Bread
Taste: The banana flavor stands out, of course, although the mangos, shredded coconut and chocolate add a fruity and sweet flavor to the bread as well. So delicious.
Texture: The banana bread is buttery, soft and moist. The melted chocolate and shredded coconut provide a creamy and slightly crunchy texture. It is perfect.
Time: Prep time is about 30 minutes and baking time 55-60 minutes. The bread should cool down a bit, but after about 2 hours you can enjoy this bread, still slightly warm.
More “BREAKFAST” Recipes
- 250g whole wheat flour
- 4,5g (3/4 tsp) baking soda
- 3g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 150g granulated sugar
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 110g (2 large) eggs, at room temperature
- 325g overripe bananas, mashed
- 75g greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 5g vanilla extract
- 120g white chocolate chips
- 160g mangos
- 15g shredded coconut, divided
- Preheat the oven to 177°C / 350°F. Spray a 23x13 cm / 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mash the bananas in a medium bowl. Set both aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar and butter on medium speed until well combined, for about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, on medium speed and beat well after each addition, for about 1 minute each. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula.
- Add the mashed banana, yogurt and vanilla. Continue beating on medium speed until well blended, for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture with a silicone spatula until just combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and 10g of the shredded coconut.
- Gently stir in the chopped mangos.
- The batter will be thick. Use a spoon to pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread some mango pieces and white chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes on the middle rack. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining shredded coconut.
- Return to oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and let cool completely on the wire rack.