This simple chocolate brownies recipe makes chewy fudgy brownies that taste so incredibly good. Prep time is only half an hour and when you try them you”ll never use a box mix for brownies again. You don’t even need a mixer, it really couldn’t be easier.
Tools & Equipment
- Medium bowl
- Silicone spatula
- 22,9×22,9cm / 9×9-inch square baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
- Sharp knife
- Paper towel
- Adding eggs one at a time: this step is important to prevent the dough from curdling. Beat the mixture well between each addition in order to fully incorporate the eggs. It is completed when the mixture has lightened slightly.
- Vanilla: a vanilla note is a perfect match for these chocolate brownies. Make sure to use a good brand or a fresh vanilla bean, because it makes a difference.
- Chocolate: use real, quality chocolate. You can taste it in every bite. I use the brand Callebaut.
- Storage: Brownies stay fresh for up to 1 week in an airtight container at room temperature. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
How to make Chewy Fudgy Brownies
Step I: weighing all ingredients with a kitchen scale. Line a 22,9×22,9cm/ 9×9 inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang on the sides. Set aside.
Step II: melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl. If it gets to warm, let it cool a bit.
Step III: stir the sugars into the chocolate/butter mix. Add the eggs, one at a time and whisk until smooth after each addition.
Step IV: add vanilla, then gently whisk in flour, cocoa powder and salt until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Step V: Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35minutes .
My Summary for Chewy Fudgy Brownies
Taste: so rich and chocolaty, not too sweet.
Texture: chewy and fudgy.
PROS: super easy and fast to make. Incredibly delicious.
- 115g butter
- 228g semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 150g granulated sugar
- 50g packed light sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 5ml pure vanilla extract
- 80g flour
- 11g unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1,5g salt
- 180g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 50g milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 177°C/350°F. Line the bottom and sides of a 22.9x22.9cm /9x9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, allowing an overhang at the sides. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a large microwaveable bowl. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds, then remove and stir with a whisk. Repeat 2 more times until the chocolate is smooth. Let it cool slightly.
- Stir in the granulated and brown sugar to the cooled chocolate/butter mix. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk until smooth after each addition.
- Add vanilla and carefully whisk in flour, cocoa powder and salt until combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes on the lower rack. Insert a toothpick in the middle and when the brownies are done, it should come out with only a few crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan, placed on a wire rack. Once cooled , you can lift the parchment paper out of the pan.
- Spread the melted chocolate with a spoon on top of the brownies and let the chocolate set.
- Cut the brownies into squares with a sharp knife. Clean the knife with a paper towel after each slice.
Recipe adapted from sallysbakeblog